Tuesday, August 18, 2009

A Dog's Bill Of Rights


A Dog's Bill of Rights

I have the right to give and receive unconditional love.

I have the right to a life that is beyond mere survival.

I have the right to be trained so that I do not become the prisoner of my misbehavior.

I have the right to adequate food and medical care.

I have the right to fresh air and green grass.

I have the right to socialize with people and dogs outside my own family.

I have the right to special time with my people.

I have the right to be bred responsibly, if at all.

I have the right to be foolish and silly, and to make my person laugh.

I have the right to earn my person's trust and to be trusted in return.

I have the right to be forgiven.

I have the right to die with dignity.

I have the right to be remembered well.

2 comments:

VickiT said...

Lula approves of these and would like to add a few more:

I have the right to mooch cookies from every willing person in the park.

I have the right to roll in decomposing seal guts on the beach.

I have the right to bring so much joy into my Mom’s life that she can't believe how lucky she is.

Unknown said...

This is a beautiful poem. Thank you for sharing!

Dee
http://holisticbehaviorsolutions.blogspot.com