Saturday, March 28, 2009

For Those Who Open Their Hearts & Homes To Foster Dogs...

A POEM TO MY FOSTER DOG
by Diane Morgan

I am the bridge
Between what was and what can be.
I am the pathway to a new life.

I am made of mush,
Because my heart melted when I saw you,
Matted and sore, limping, depressed,
Lonely, unwanted, afraid to love.

For one little time you are mine.
I will feed you with my own hand,
I will love you with my whole heart,
I will make you whole.

I am made of steel.
Because when the time comes,
When you are well, and sleek,
When your eyes shine,
And your tail wags with joy,
Then comes the hard part.
I will let you go - not without a tear,
But without a regret.
For you are safe forever -
A new dog needs me now.

2 comments:

Charlotte said...

Beautiful post!! And so true!

(((hugs)) Your friends
Oksar, Schatzi & Xena

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

awwwwwww.... so utterly beautiful!