Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Loki's Legacy






Dog lovers everywhere are mourning the loss of Loki, Mickey Rourke's beloved Chihuahua. Loki was a familiar face on the red carpet as she accompanied Rourke to movie premiers and award ceremonies. Photos of Rourke often included Loki nestled in his arms and he famously thanked her and his other dogs in his Golden Globes acceptance speech.

It's comforting to know that little Loki lived a long and happy life: she was 17 when she passed away on Monday. Rourke released this statement to People Pets: "Loki is deeply missed but with me in spirit. I am very blessed she fell asleep peacefully in my arms."

I had a genuine soft spot for Loki and I know that many others did as well. Mickey Rourke's dedication to her was touching and I appreciated his fearlessness about publicly expressing his adoration for his dogs. RIP Loki. Even from a distance, you brightened our days...

No comments: